Get the 'dunder factor' - 64.75 hectare Cane & Cattle PLUS 2 houses
House - SARINA QLD
Juanita ‘Wanda’ Halden of Butterfly Realty Group is proud to market this long held, family owned and operated Sugar Cane & Cattle farm. The property is situated in the ‘Plane Creek’ (Wilmar) cane-growing region of Sarina. Predominantly black soil, with approx. 160 acres to play with PLUS road leasehold. Showing a good mix of level to undulating land with some treed hill country. 2018 season showing 70 plus acres under cane with balance running cattle. 2019 season ready to go, just add ‘dunder’. This landholding adjoins renowned Fenech property, PBF Brahmans Stud, in the upper Alligator Creek, Sarina region.
With ample water supply, well laid out paddocks and natural water hole all that is required is a new energetic family to reap the reward of this well loved and historical farm. With tales way back to the 20’s of the Indian hawker merchant running his horse and wagon over the old windmill site to the times when the rain never stopped. A piece of living history and on a good day, you can be harvesting cane with views to Round Top Island, Mackay Harbour. This property features water security, seasonal highs and certainly an opportunity to enter into a ‘going concern’ for a freehold property price!
Features we love:
– Master residence, lowset 2 bedroom plus sleepout
– Workers cottage, lowset 3 bedroom (earning $260/wk)
– Established tropical gardens
– Mature fruit tress and Fig Tree feature
– Absolute privacy throughout the property
– Close proximity to Middle Creek Dam recreational facilities
– Bus stop at the end of the road
– Short drive to Sarina Beaches, attractions and Mackay city gates
– Your choice of private or public P-12 schools
– 4 fenced
– 1 water reticulated
– Spring fed water hole in eastern boundary paddock
– 72 acres under cultivation (sugar cane)
– 2 side 4 strand barb (high t.)
– 2 side 3 strand barb
– Cattle yards
– 1500 gl/hr (pressure pump) bore
– 1 well (windmill) 40ft depth
– 4 tanks (2 gal x 2 poly) 5,000L
– 2 dams
ADDITIONAL to the Sugar Cane operation, the hard work and decades invested in developing this productive and sustainable pasture-fed grazing component to this farm has been done. *The Borthwick’s Abattoir in Mackay processes 90 percent of through-put for the export market and 10 percent domestic. Native and improved pastures including Signal grass, Pangola and Green Panic. The Quarry onsite assists with keeping internal roads intact too.
The Mackay – Whitsunday region’s climate is humid and tropical with hot wet summers and cool dry winters. Annual rainfall varies significantly, from more than 2000 mm in elevated sections of the coastal ranges down to 1000 mm per year in other inland areas (annual farm records showing average 1,500mm in normal conditions).
If this sounds like your next chapter, please call Juanita on 0473 214 352 to arrange your private inspection and obtain more information.
- 5 bed
- 2 bath
- 8 Parking Spaces
- Land is 64.75 hectare
- 7 Garage
- Secure Parking
- Built In Robes
- Pay TV
- Outdoor Entertaining
- Bush Lemon and Fig Tree Established gardens featuring basket ferns
- cattle yards and views of Round Top Island
- FRUIT TREES: Lychee
- Mackay Harbour.