SOLD BY BUTTERFLY REALTY GROUP
House Sold - GREGORY RIVER QLD
Juanita @ Butterfly Realty Group is proud to exclusively market this declared nature refuge, sprawling over 86 acres in the foothills of Dryander Range (National Park) , Dryander Forest Reserve and the property adjoins Dryander State Forest. Now is the time to be the new custodian of this stunning Conservation property, which provides a history of community rainforest reforestation and a critical link as a wildlife corridor, home to endangered flora, fauna and featuring stunning natural landscapes. An absolutely private property minutes from Dingo Beach, Proserpine and Airlie Beach.
This property is known as Rhondan Valley Nature Refuge with refuge status declared to part of the 86+ acre alotment being approximately 28ha which is situated on the south-western foothills of Mt Dryander adjoining Dryander State Forest. Simply a stunning example of a nature retreat with thanks to the current owner’s dedication and potentially yours to protect for future generations.
Features we love:
– 86+ acres
– 4 bedroom 1 bathroom low-set homestead
– office and walk in robe off master bedroom
– master bedroom air conditioned
– living / dining area air conditioned
– beautiful wrap around verandahas with views of the ranges and valleys
– built in robes in all rooms
– extensive kitchen cabinetry
– glass top electric stove and wall oven
– tiled, carpeted and vinyl timber look feature flooring
– 2 sheds with power, water and extensive benches for wood working
– 1 garden shed
– tandem carport and undercover area
– greenhouse with reticulation
– several hose outlets
– laundry can be inside or outside with fittings for both
– solar power feed back tariff
– short drive to walking tracks, Cedar Creek waterfalls & historical sites
– surrounded by rainforest and mixed farming properties, forming protection & corridors for flora, fauna and endangered wildlife as found within the adjoining State Forest and National Park, with significant cultural and natural resource values including: a complex Notophyll/Microphyll vine forest, critical habitat for the endangered Proserpine Rock Wallaby which means this property acts as a corridor between Dryander State Forest and O’Hara’s Hill as well as a buffer between the developed lowlands and the Forest.
– rare and endangered ecosystem and several rare plant species
– multiple seasonal creeks
– rainwater tanks at house and sheds
– bore (with reticulation to top tanks for dry times)
– shallow to moderate stony dark, loamy soils overlying acid, browns clays and volcanics of the Caroniferous, Edgecumbe beds with rocks and boulder outcrops prolific
– several acres mowed and slashed with native pasture grasses
– 2WD access with causeways
– undulating, steep landscape with level pads at house and sheds
– end of dirt road, no through road location (Wilson Rd) off Dingo Beach Rd
– 12km to Proserpine, short drive to Airlie Beach attractions, eateries and Ports
– detailed lists of birds, fauna and more information available
This is a rare chance to be apart of the conservation of nature in the Whitsundays. This is a chance to be apart of the enchanting story to this beautiful property, with thanks to the cooperative involvement of the current owner. These Nature Conservation declarations are created to protect the biological diversity of native wildlife and its habitat across the geographic range of a species; and the plan for this property was approved under Part 7 of the Nature Conservation Act 1992 back in 1999 with ecological sustainability being the basis of the agreed terms.
Imagine your own nature wonderland, butterflies line the driveway, greeting you at the front gate and rock pools, owls are your night tine entertainment! Wallabies abound. This property is so close to the natural attractions and National Parks and forests of the Whitsundays, all so central to this property, at the heart of the Great Barrier Reef. Your neighbourhood here is the 74 island wonders in the tropical waters of the Coral Sea. The Whitsundays is world-famous for its clear aqua waters and iconic landscapes including Whitehaven Beach and Hill Inlet, and the perfectly shaped natural formation of Heart Reef.
Living at Gregory River affords you connection to the coveted swim, snorkel, fish, crabbing and scuba dive spots within the region while you no doubt explore the diverse corals and surrounds of the Great Barrier Reef and fringing reefs around islands such as Blue Pearl Bay and Fairey Reef. The Whitsundays offers diverse marine life including humpback whales, dolphins, turtles and dugongs. Not only that, this deadly property is in close proximity to Lake Proserpine, where you can fish for barramundi and spot local birdlife too.
Start your new chapter as the new owners of Rhondan Valley Nature Refuge. Call Juanita on 0473 214 352 or 07 4242 5901 Butterfly Realty Group friendly reception team. Enquire today and make the time to book your private inspection.
- 4 bed
- 1 bath
- 8 Parking Spaces
- Land is 34.95 hectare
- 6 Garage
- 2 Carport
- Secure Parking
- Built In Robes
- Pay TV
- Outdoor Entertaining