300ha AGRI-CULTURAL-ECO FARM @ MACKAY
House - KOUMALA QLD
Juanita ‘Wanda’ Halden of Butterfly Realty Group is proud to market this target property, situated 900km North of Brisbane, positioned between the Coral Sea and the main rail line between the Bowen Basin Coal mines and the port of Hay Point, south of Mackay QLD. This property demonstrates a strong and productive history of cane, cattle grazing, with aquaculture licensing and future eco-cultural tourism opportunities. Complete with irrigation and abundant water supplies, this farm presents as a wonderful chance for the right operators to live within a boat ride to the spoils of the Great Barrier Reef, Islands, fishing, crabbing and country living all within cooee of Mackay City Centre shopping, entertainment and services.
From fat cattle to superior cane results – the efficiency and profitability of this going concern is demonstrated by its steady history of guaranteed income. Do you fancy being apart of the Australian sugarcane industry which stretches along 2,100km of the country’s east coast? Australian Raw sugar, produced in 24 mills, is one of Australia’s largest and most important rural exports, worth up to $2.5 billion each year. Global changes in the market combined with the effect of German company Nordzucker agreeing to buy a majority stake in Mackay Sugar earlier this year plus a change in succession plan, has created a chance to acquire this successful, Australian farm.
Features we love:
– Potential for Aquaculture, ecotourism, small crops & irrigated pastures (currently running cattle & cane)
– Guaranteed income with sugar, proven results with possibility of management or training plan
– Paddocks for cattle breeding with ponded pastures for cattle fattening in winter
– Whole property developed to pastures would fatten up to 700 head
– Balance cane production area but would suit irrigated pastures
– Stunning array of Australian wildlife such as crocodiles, Pacific Black Duck, swans, Brolgas, barra and MORE!
– 3 bedroom home in a lovely bush surrounding, machinery sheds and out buildings
– 45 minutes from The Mackay Waterfront Priority Development Area (PDA) and under 2hrs to Airlie Beach, gateway to the Whitsunday Islands reef fishing, island hopping and entertainment
– Prime position for a Central Queensland development
– Direct ocean access via creek
– 5 minutes to boat ramp
– High rainfall area with abundant water – over 800megs (mega litres).
– 5 natural filling dams, large storage and capability for more
– Fully equipped large irrigation system
– Centre pivots/irrigator
– Irrigation & Aquaculture licenses, lease and freehold land on offer
Price upon application. Phone Juanita 0473 214 352 for more information.
- 3 bed
- 1 bath
- 8 Parking Spaces
- Land is 300.58 hectare
- 8 Garage